Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ten Seconds of Metal


Both Marilynn and I took classes yesterday with Tim Holtz. Marilynn did extremely cool things with Microscope Slide jewelry, and I got to play with the new alcohol ink empty pens. One of the things we did with the inks was apply them to metal. But, first we put the 10 Second Studio metal tape over patterned grungeboard and embossed it. It was like "lazy man's" embossing. I thought it was totally cool! I'll be placing an order with 10 Second Studio today, and Donna will be demoing it at our Learn at Lunch series on May 19.
Claudine Hellmuth was here teaching classes as well. We didn't take those classes because she's going to come to our shop and teach them herself. That's way more fun! Her May is totally booked up with travel, so we're probably looking at summer. Just the thing to do on a hot summer day!

4 comments:

Deirdre H. said...

10 Second Studio has wonderful designs - I'm glad you got to play with them! Enjoy another great day!

Chrisi said...

I wanna make one of these .... it's so pretty!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Oh SO gorgeous....you gals must be having such a great time!!! Hurry home so we can pick your artsy brains! oxo

Michelle Vocke said...

Marking May 19th on my calendar now! Can't wait to see how to make this -- too cool!