Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Marilynn Challenge


I don't know how many of you have been reading since the beginning of the blog, but if you have, you'll know that Marilynn occasionally issues "challenges". She gives me a handfull of stamps and says "Go see what you can make with these." Sadly, I can never seem to resist the challenge, so I am spending part of today with my thinking cap on, trying to impress Marilynn.


Before I get to that, though, I needed a warm-up. In preparing to teach my Outines Jewel It class tomorrow, I was playing with some of their other new Jewel It images. I wish this photographed better - it's hard to see how the crystals sparkle and how the metallic paper shimmers. I embossed both the Outlines C901 Support Jewel ribbon stamp and the word "Hope" by Kodomo with silver powder on metallic pink paper. I then applied a combination of two sizes of Swarovski crystals and some clear self-adhesive A Muse gems to the ribbon, cut it out and glued it to a strip of silver metallic paper. I'll bring the card to the shop so you can see in person how it glimmers and shines. And.....I'll be back later to post my other creations - hopefully they are "post-worthy."

No comments: