Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Highlights


I'm back! We've had a very full day! Lots of great classes that we can't wait to come back and share with you - and lots of cool new products we can't wait to show you! We saw some fun things this morning - - Sparkle Fibers add a touch of shimmer but for those who don't like the mess of glitter it's much easier to control. Fiskars has some new border punches for ribbon weaving that are quite lovely. Sakura has come out with "shades" packs - 3 pens in a monochromatic pack - a metallic, a glitter and a writing pen. And May Arts has some incredible new ribbons - yum, yum!

We had a nice lunch with Stephanie, the lead designer for Kodomo. They have some amazing new products - clear stamp sets with an Asian flair and word sets that have the same word in 4 different languages. For example, "I love you" in English, French, Japanese and Chinese. She showed us (with our napkins) some fun butterfly and kimono folds that I can't wait to show you.

But the highlight of my day was the Outlines class. Can you believe I made these stunning pieces of jewelry out of paper????? The stamps aren't quite ready to go, so I'm looking at late May to begin offering these classes.

Tomorrow, we have 5 classes each plus the make and take frenzy at night. I'll take a picture of the dessert bar - it's a toss up between how to spend our time....stamping or eating!

Marilynn and Harriett are with me, but everyone else is still holding down the fort at the shop. Stop in and see them! And help them make some room on the shelves for all the goodies that will be coming soon! I'll check back in with you all tomorrow!

2 comments:

Laura said...

It is official, I am not stalking you guys. I just can't stop myself from checking in on your posts. Angela, your class samples are gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more.

~*~Patty S said...

I'm with Laura....inquiring minds
I thought the photo was of some beautiful ready to go embellishments, you MADE them! oh WOW, that's really awesome! Can't wait for more about how that is done! Dessert bar....you are a tease :)