Thursday, August 27, 2009

The End of an Era

This photo was taken at our Grand Opening - more than 6 years ago! It's hard to believe that Jean Keefe has been leading Learn at Lunch demos nearly every week for the last 6 years. Where did all of that inspiration come from? This Tuesday, September 1, instead of our regular demo, we will be having a farewell party for Jean from 12-2. She has decided to take some well deserved time to enjoy her retirement with her husband (although I've teased her repeatedly about being the worst retired person EVER - she already has classes scheduled monthly through the end of the year). Please join us for some light refreshments as we wish Jean well. Our new leader of the Learn at Lunch series, Jennifer Ellefson, will be there as well to meet you. She'll be taking over the reigns on Tuesday, September 8.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Jean, best wishes on your retirement. When I lived in the area (before I retired last year) I would look at your Lunch and Learn classes and wish I could come to so many of them. Unfortunately I worked in Alexandria and could never get there. Hope you'll enjoy your retirement as much as I am enjoying mine - though I really do miss Angela's.

Nicki (CSS) said...

Congratulations Jean! Wish we could have taken one of your classes but how exciting to start that next chapter in life - Retirement! {smiles} All the best, from your friends at Clear and Simple Stamps!