Saturday, August 1, 2009

6th Anniversary Open House



Today was so much fun! We really enjoyed getting to know the fine folks from Clear & Simple stamps. The two projects they offered during our Open House make-and-takes were a huge hit! Everyone begged them to come back and teach a full class, so we are working to get our schedules to match up and have them come back! Their stamp sets are so "clean" and perfect for coloring! And their card and 6x6 page samples are truly amazing! You definitely need to stop by and bring your camera. I didn't count how many samples they provided for us, but I bet it was nearly 100! Maybe more!







Donna taught a project doing metal work to create dog tag necklaces. It was fun to see how different everyone's looked as they proudly wore them throughout the rest of the day. Donna had different metal color choices and pattern designs to choose from. Demand was high for additional classes in metal, too, so Donna is planning something for January. Stay tuned for more details!


Another very popular project was working with the Copic air brush system. I would have to say it was addictive! I'll post more pictures over on our Facebook page, so drop by and take a look. If you joined us today, please feel free to post a comment with your review. I wish I had taken a photo of all of the items we collected for Facets! As always, you were extremely generous for those in need in our community. The representative who came to pick the items up was thrilled she had a big truck!
I'll be hopping on a plane first thing in the morning to attend a Post-CHA wrap up in Boston. I'll be doing some ordering and bringing back some catalogs and projects to share during the Learn at Lunch demo time on Tuesday. I can't post pictures like I normally do on Monday, because I won't be back yet with my samples. So, stop in Tuesday from 12-2 and be surprised!

No comments: