Saturday, July 16, 2016

Concord and 9th and Stamping with Laura

Greetings everyone. Laura here. First, I want to let you know about impromptu stamping at the store tomorrow, Sunday July 17th from 1-3pm.  As some of you know, I work on the Impression Obsession design team, and they have an enormous Fall and Winter release coming out shortly.  There was a rush to finish the catalog, so I am working on some catalog samples this weekend using the new products.  I need to make some new "patterned paper" backgrounds using the new Cover a Card stamps, so I thought it might be a fun idea to work on them at Angela's tomorrow.  If anyone would like to stop by from 1-3pm to watch how I use the backgrounds as well as how to layer patterns and colors, feel free to join me.  You can simply watch, or even better, bring your own background stamps and supplies to get some crafting time in away from home.  I don't know about you, but I love to have stamped backgrounds ready to go for cardmaking!  

Concord and 9th:
There are not enough words to describe how much I love their new release.  It is amazing!  First, there is the "Take a Bough" die set.  I thought it was wonderful as it is since it has evergreen boughs, snowflakes, ornaments, and a star.  Then I noticed you can use the boughs to make a 3-D Christmas Tree!!!!



Here is what you can do with the snowflakes.  They layer beautifully:


You don't have to use the evergreen boughs to make a tree; you can also use them flat on a card or tag:


Speaking of practical, how about the Stripe Builder set?  Use it for the holidays as well as any occasion card you can think of.  It has thick lines, thin lines, wavy lines, and more.  It is also a good one to use for masculine cards (I know people struggle with those).


Continuing the theme of "practical," the new Joy stamps and dies can be used for the holidays as well as everyday occasions:


Side note- notice how the stripe builder can be used to make a plaid:
 

Love the Oh Christmas Tree set.  It has beautiful trees, ornaments and sentiments:

 

Are you a fan of color layering stamps?  Here is what you can do with the new Blossom Bundle stamp set:

 

You can even add the coordinating die for extra dimension:

No comments: